IDEC HE1G Enabling Switches
An enabling switch is a 3-position (OFF-ON-OFF) switch to allow a machine operation only when the switch is lightly pressed and held in the middle position (position 2). Because it disables machine operation when released (position 1) or further depressed (position 3) by a panicked operator, the safety of operators is ensured.
HE1G grip switches are available with or without a built-in Emergency Stop switch, and were designed for use as “deadman” switches by second operators in robotic cells. The Off-On-Off functionality provides a high level of safety based on human behavioral studies which determine personnel may squeeze OR let go when presented with a panic situation.
- Three position functionality (OFF – ON – OFF) as required for manual robotic control
- Positive action contacts “On” (position 2) to “Off” (position 3) ensure no contact welding (per EN 60947-5-1 / IEC60947-5-1)
- Contacts will not close when released from “Off” (pos. 3) to “Off” (pos. 1) (per IEC60204-1 ; 220.127.116.11)
- Removable strain relief included
- Optional E-Stop built in
- 2 OFF-ON-OFF contacts plus either a monitoring or E-Stop contact
- IP66 degree of protection (watertight)
- Meets relevant ANSI RIA robotics standards
"*" indicates required fields